Boy, I’m feeling really restless at the moment. Can’t sit still. Can’t concentrate on anything for more than 5 seconds. It’s all because I’m waiting on a few things, waiting for people to get back to me on craft and non-craft related decisions. And I am impatient by nature. And I hate uncertainty. Not a good combination. I’m not proud of it and it has been to my detriment many times. So playing this waiting game is really driving me loopy!
I am very thankful for distractions – like blogland – for times like these :-) It’s good to be able to step away from the anxiety and be immersed in creativity and inspiration, even if just for a little while.
Someone told me that Christmas is only 14 weeks away – seriously! So I’ve started thinking about gifts for kids. I’d really like to make an effort this year and make as many gifts as I can.
Here’s a few ideas I’ve come across:
1) Chez Beeper Bebe provides an excellent tutorial on making your own colouring books tailored with your recipient in mind:
2) The you can team it up with this easy-peasy-lemon-squeasy pencil roll – tutorial provided by Cinti of My Poppet:
3) Got a little Masterchef in mind? I love the idea of this chef’s hat by Cam (tutorial also provided):
4) And you can then team up the hat with a kid-sized apron using Supafine’s super fine tutorial over here :-)
Found any kids gift tutorials you’d like to share too? Please leave them as a comment – I’d love more ideas!
I also wanted to share Cathy’s Ruby Doll:
Isn’t she beautiful? Cathy did such a fantastic job with the pattern and I really love how she embroidered the hair and even made a matching bag (doll+bag is another great gift idea for little girls don’t you think?). Of course, Cathy is half of the very successful Audrey and Maude team so it should be no surprise :-)
If you’ve made a Ruby Doll, don’t forget to add it to the Ruby Doll Group on Flickr!
Well, I finally started running again today. Can’t believe how unfit I have become after just one week away from running!!! I did a typical distance for me and used a standard route and I was struggling all the way to the end. I think it’s partly due to this cough, which I can’t seem to shake off. It made breathing properly a real challenge! Anyway, I’ll try for another run tomorrow and see how that goes. The Melbourne Marathon 10KM race is only 3 and 1/2 weeks away so I need to get my act together!
* All photos above belong to the blog authors to which they are attributed.