I completed this illustration a while ago. I couldn’t decide whether it was truly ‘finished’ or not so I’ve let it peacefully sit by the window the last few weeks. This past weekend, I picked it up, refined a few things here and there, and then, finally, I considered it complete :-)
I took home up a few Prima coloured boards on my recent visit to the local art store, with the intention of trying something different with my watercolour illustrations. I’m really pleased with how she has turned out.
“Dandelion Bride” (watercolour paint + silver pen + pencils):
The texture of the board was tricky to work with at the start, but after a few adjustments, I found out how to get the coverage I was aiming for and I think it adds character to the end result. I really like how the lighter colours pop out from the caramel base too.
This illustration is larger than my other illustrations and measures 29.7cm by 40.5cm.
I’ve made this illustration available in my etsy shoppe – please note that it is the original illustration (unframed) and not an Art Print, so I only have one of these available :-)
You can find it here: Original Illustration – Dandelion Bride
It’s been a gorgeous weekend – lovely family time, a fantastic run, and a fun catch-up with friends. The weather is finally starting to change and it’s starting to feel more like Autumn (my favourite season!).